Sunday, December 5, 2010

Winter!

It is December and winter has finally decided to join us here... by winter i mean it is in the high 70's during the day and the low 60's in the middle of the night... the locals here think that the weather is very very cold. they are just not used to any type of weather that doesn't bake your skin.
here is an example of reactions to winter:
the other evening i was visiting a friend and her husband, around 6pm as i was getting ready to leave her husband offered to give me a ride home on his motorcycle. since i'm lazy and cheap of course i said yes, so he went to put on a sweater for the drive... he comes out wearing a long sleeve button up shirt, with a fleece sweater over that and a beanie to wear under his full head helmet. mind you its probably in the low 70's at this point. then as we are saying our goodbyes i look over and he is putting a newspaper under the front of his sweater for insulation! i didn't know whether to laugh or pretend i was also cold... i was only wearing my short sleeve shirt with a cardigan over it. once we were on our way he looked back at me and was startled to see i wasn't covering my head with my scarf to shield from the cold! don't worry, my ears didn't fall off due to this under caution of mine.
I love these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment