Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Humidity

We are here! it was a long time traveling with delayed flights and extra stops along the way but we have finally arrived (well a few days ago) and we are already setting up water filters and preparing to visit more places. We have been doing a lot of training so far and yesterday got to go shopping for some local garb. It was quite the experience. I feel like I have so much to say already and every time I go to sit down and get some of my thoughts out of my head, my brain shuts down and doesn't want to confront all of the different thoughts and feelings i have going on at one time.
It has finally hit me that I ave actually moved here and am not just visiting for a little while. i have mixed feelings about that but today i was okay with that decision. we'll see what happens tomorrow. I was lucky to be able to get internet access through my kindle on the trip out here(that's the reason for the supper bad grammar on the previous couple of posts). i had another, funnier, post that i tried to upload from the fourth airport we were in but my Kindle froze right as i was about to post it so I'll re-post something similar later.
I just want everyone to know that i am well and the rest of the team and I are all getting the full experience here. tomorrow we are going to a school where we will get to install a water filter, which takes about an hour to install, and do some water tests in the neighboring houses... Its going to be a busy day.
a few side notes:
  • it has rained every day so far and if its not raining it is so humid from the impending rain that you are constantly swimming through the air. 
  • the area is so beautiful, we are currently more in the mountains near a huge river- It looks like something out of the jungle book-the real life version.
  • my fingers smell like curry, constantly
  • the people are so nice and welcoming

2 comments:

  1. It's raining a lot here too. Did you actually enjoy shopping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well as much as i can enjoy shopping... i was still as stressed as ever but even more pressured by the salesman.. but i did buy some things and i did get done faster than the rest.... so in answer, i did go shopping in typical Alisa fashion.

    ReplyDelete