Monday, October 18, 2010

Over Eater

I had a reputation of being able to eat a lot. If someone had left over food or any food for that matter, they could count on me to eat it; especially sweets. My weakness has been food for a long time and, if you know me at all, you know that I can throw down food- fast. Well, over here in this part of the world, I feel like I am out striped when it comes to eating every day. I don’t know where these people put all that rice! They eat plates full of rice at every meal plus other food; veggies, potatoes, perhaps some meat… the point being that I can’t keep up with the locals! I don’t know how many times I have said here, “I can’t eat any more! Or I can only eat a little bit. No more please, I am so full!” and they give me a weird look, shrug and put more on their own plates instead. I don’t know what has happened to me, I was so confident that I could handle the food and when everyone said “be prepared for the rice” I didn’t take them seriously. I figured I could handle it- after all I can put down more food than most… I was so wrong. Needless to say, I have been humbled in my eating habits. And don’t even get me started on the sweets here! I can barely choke down one piece! The reason? They are TOO sweet! Who would have thought the sentence would ever come out of my mouth, but there you go. I have turned down sweets because they are literally too sweet for me. When people talk about there being sweets where ever we are going, I start to worry and turn them down if at all possible… I guess it’s good for my body but so against my mental attitude of all sweets are good for me! hahaha I guess my India diet is finally working for me.
Sorry i haven't updated in a while, i'll try to do better...

here are some sweet pics:


Normal?
Titanic theme'd durga puja model- the model of the goddess is inside- complete with Jack and Rose up front and 'My Heart Will Go On' blaring on the loudspeakers... 
Made out of cloth and bamboo- this is a model of a palace for the durga puja

1 comment:

  1. That's why diabetes is so prevalent in India! Are you bothered by the spiciness of everything?

    ReplyDelete